The usage of the Japanese particle も、と and や：
click to open video
Okay, I hope you have a good understanding of how to use も、と and や. Let’s just check your understanding real quick with a quiz. Can you translate these sentences?
Try to translate the following sentences. Click on the down arrow to see the answer:
1. There is nothing in the refrigerator.
2. I didn't go anywhere.
3. The older brother and sister live in Tokyo.
4. I ate breakfast and dinner at the hotel.
5. There are vegetables and meat at the supermarket.
6. Brad and some of his family came to the party.
A: 今日 新しい くつを 買いました。
B: わぁ、 きれいだね。
A: Thanks, I bought socks, too.
A:今日は たいへん いそがしい です。 マルと ゆうびんきょくに 行きました。 へやを そうじ しました。
A:I went to the department store, too.
Cheat Sheet with Usage and JLPT test questions:
N5 Grammar Mo, to, and ya (pdf/104.59kb)