The usage of the Japanese particle あまり, だけ and しか：
click to open video
Okay, I hope you have a good understanding of how to use あまり, だけ and しか. Let’s just check your understanding real quick with a quiz. Can you translate these sentences?
Try to translate the following sentences. Click on the down arrow to see the answer:
1. (I) didn't buy many things.
2. That guy doesn't much about it.
3. Only Mac is drinking.
4. I only ate breakfast.
A: このとけいが すきですか？
B: Well, it's expensive, that's all.
6. I'm always sleeping on my holidays.
7. In one month, I didn't sell anything but one car.
8. This week, I didn't work any days but Monday.
Cheat Sheet with Usage and JLPT test questions:
N5 Grammar amari, dake, shika (pdf/106.41kb)